President of the National Medical Association of Otorhinolaryngologists
Yurij Konstantinovich Yanov
Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor, Academician of RAS, President of the National Medical Association of E.N.T. Specialists of Russia
Yu. K. Yanov is one of the leading representatives in the field of otorhinolaryngology, in particular, in the study of the pathophysiology of the auditory vestibular analyzer, electronic prosthetics of the auditory analyzer, the development of new methods of reconstructive operations on the middle ear.
Yu. K. Yanov has developed new original methods of tympanoplasty, which are successfully used in many clinics in Russia. The proposed method of installing a cochlear implant has been of considerable interest in a number of foreign clinics.
Currently, Yu. K. Yanov is actively involved in the creation of a strategy for a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with ENT-associated purulent-inflammatory intracranial complications.
Also Yu. K. Yanov, at this stage of his activity, participates in the optimization of preoperative diagnosis, surgical approaches improvement, and patient rehabilitation during auditory implantation to create the most sparing interventions on the middle and inner ear.
- Yuri Konstantinovich Yanov was born on December 18, 1947, in Orenburg.
- In 1972 he graduated from the S. M. Kirov Military Medical Academy.
- 1984-1985 — Afghanistan: Head of the Otorhinolaryngological Department of the Central Military Hospital.
- Then again he served in the Military Medical Academy as a Professor of the Otorhinolaryngology Department, Deputy Head of the Department.
- In 1995 he was appointed Deputy Head of the Academy for clinical work.
- 2000-2019 — Director of the St. Petersburg Research Institute of Ear, Throat, Nose, and Speech of the Ministry of Health.
- At the same time: in 2001-2011 — head of the Otorhinolaryngology Department of the I.I. Mechnikov North-Western State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- From 2015 to the present day — Professor of this Department.
- 1975-1984 — Military Medical Academy: adjunct at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology, lecturer.
- Next, he served in the strategic missile forces as Head of the Regimental Aid Post.
- Since 2011, Corresponding Member of RAMS.
- Since 2011, Corresponding Member of RAS.
- Since 2016, Academician in the Department of Medical Sciences, RAS.
- In 2001-2016, he was Chairman of the Interdepartmental Commission of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the MOH of the Russian Federation in the field of Otorhinolaryngology.
- 2001-2010 — Chief Freelance Otorhinolaryngologist of MOH RF.
- 2001-2017 — Chief Otorhinolaryngologist of the Health Committee of St. Petersburg.
- In 2001 he was elected President of the Russian Society of Otorhinolaryngologists, re-elected in 2006, 2011, 2016.
- From 2012 to the present day — President of the National Medical Association of E.N.T. Specialists.
- Since 2009 — an expert of HEARING, the international scientific and educational network uniting experts in the field of treatment of hearing loss.
Academician Yu. K. Yanov is a leading specialist-otorhinolaryngologist of our country, a scientist and clinician recognized in Russia and abroad. He created a school of otorhinolaryngologists and developed his own direction for the study of fundamental and applied aspects of auditory and vestibular analyzers.
Directions of scientific activity: investigated the fundamental processes of the auditory and vestibular analyzers; solved the problem of hearing restoration in cases of full impairment of the auditory analyzer; established a system of diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing for the deaf citizens of Russia; developed the first domestic speech processor of the cochlear implant.
Under the leadership of Yu. K. Yanov 18 doctoral and 36 master's theses (including 36 on 14.01.03 specialty — diseases of the ear, nose, and throat) have been written and passed.
More than 415 printed works have been published during the whole period of activity.
As a member of writing teams:
- obtained 33 patents,
- published 19 monographs,
- 4 tutorials,
- 1 national guide,
- 2 guidelines for doctors,
- 151 articles in the central medical press.
Scientific and organizational activities:
Member of the leading scientific professional communities (a member of the Presidium of EUFOS (European Federation of Otorhinolaryngology Societies — 12 members). Represents Russia as President of the National Medical Association of Otorhinolaryngologists in IFOS (International Federation of ORL Societies). He is a member of HEARING (Association of the world's largest centers dealing with hearing pathology), constantly participates in professional scientific forums, made more than 300 reports.
- Editor-in-chief of the "Russian Otorhinolaryngology" journal, member of the editorial boards of the "Bulletin of Otorhinolaryngology" and "Russian rhinology" journals;
- President of the National Medical Association of E.N.T. Specialists;
- Chairman of the Interdepartmental Commission of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences and the MOH of the Russian Federation in the field of Otorhinolaryngology;
- Chief Freelance Otolaryngologist at the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (2001-2010);
- Chief Otorhinolaryngologist of the Health Committee of St. Petersburg (2001-2017);
- President of The Russian Society of Otorhinolaryngologists (since 2001);
- Expert of HEARING, the international scientific and educational network uniting experts in the field of hearing loss treatment (since 2009).
- Military rank — Lieutenant General of Medical Service.
Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation (1995)
Order Of Honor (2008)
Order "For Service to the Motherland in the Armed Forces of the USSR" III degree
Order of Military Merit
Medal "For Good Conduct in the Armed Forces of the USSR" III degree, three times
Medal of the International Warrior from the grateful Afghan people
Medal of the Veteran International Warrior
Medal for Loyalty to the Oath
otosurgery, cochlear implantation, auditory stem implantation, surdology, audiology, auditory-speech rehabilitation of patients with hearing disorders.